The Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management endeavors to produce graduates with the skills and knowledge required for efficient acquisition and disposal of organization resources. This program covers a broad spectrum of areas within the field, such as procurement, logistics, transportation, negotiations, inventory management and contract management. The content is geared to enhance the skills set of those working in supply chain so they can carry out their supply chain activities more confidently and competently.
The development of the program is premised on:
- The fact that the East Africa region and Sub Saharan Africa has dire shortage of qualified procurement staff;
- The need to support the ongoing professionalization of the procurement process;
- This process is driven by increasing public awareness of the need to guard against waste and corrupt use of public resources;
- The need to provide manpower that will drive Africa vision 2030. The vision envisages the channeling of considerable resources to certain identified key sectors. This will strengthen existing procurement capacity. There is therefore need to expand training opportunities so as to ensure realization of your vision.
- The need to come up with an innovative training program that is cognizant of the changing environment in which procurement is conducted.
YEAR ONE SEMESTER ONE
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Administration
- Financial Accounting
- Information Systems
YEAR ONE SEMESTER TWO
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Environment/ Macro
- Business Decision Making
- Business Law
YEAR TWO SEMESTER ONE
- Principles of Purchasing and Supply
- Chain Management
- Purchasing Systems
- Logistics and Distribution Management
- Human Resource Management
- Research Methodology in Computing
YEAR TWO SEMESTER TWO
- Managing Stores and Inventory
- Global purchasing and supply chain management
- Financial Management
- Issues in Purchasing - Risk
- Management, Ethics and CSR
- Research project/ Dissertation
- Procurement Specialist
- Contract Specialist
- Supply chain / inventory / Logistics analyst
- Supply chain / inventory / Logistics planner
- Professional Buyer
- Procurement / Purchasing Executive
Careers in procurement and supply can be both tremendously challenging and rewarding. The role can be the central keystone of organizations and can make the difference between success and failure. Regardless of whether your employer is a large corporate, an SME (small to medium enterprise), a charity or a public sector organization, your position in procurement will have a direct impact on both the bottom line and reputation.
- Direct Entry: One (1) Principal Pass in the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE);
- Credit Transfer from other Universities: This is via assessment & grading.
- Five (5) passes of Ordinary level subjects including English and Mathematics or any
Qualification / experience judged to be the equivalent to the above and UACE Advanced level with at least 2 principal passes in relevant subjects.