The Certificate in Oil & Gas Law is a comprehensive program that is ideal for those who wish to broaden their understanding of the legal and commercial fundamentals of the oil and gas industry. This course will enable participants to gain an insight into the key principles that regulate oil and gas activities.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to gain knowledge on oil & gas legal frameworks; review petroleum contract structures that governments and oil companies use to grant petroleum rights and govern petroleum activities; Analyze key petroleum agreements relating to exploration, development and marketing of oil and gas; Fast-track understanding of the oil and gas value chain; demonstrate an understanding of the domestic legal regimes among others
The course will primarily place emphasis on the commonwealth legal system, but other legal system systems will also be covered to give a comprehensive perspective from other hydrocarbon provinces.
- You will study Legal aspects of the Oil and Gas Industry,
- Host Government Upstream (Exploration & Production (E&P)) Agreements
- Host government rights and obligations
- Commercial terms in licensing and concession agreements
- Upstream Joint Ventures (JVs) between Host Governments/NOCs and IOCs
- Midstream and Downstream Operations
- Drafting agreements for offshore design, engineering and construction work including EPC contracts (engineering, procurement and construction)
- Dispute resolution and oil and gas contract termination among others.
You will develop the skills required to support a range of exciting careers, from multinational energy companies to consultancies, government ministries and international agencies
The minimum requirement for admissions to IP3 accredited oil and gas programs is the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent. Diploma holders, professionals working in the oil and gas industry, and degree holders will have added advantage during admission processing.